Saturday, December 27, 2008

Fill 'Er Up...Beansoup Style

















What is it about getting older that makes us long to reminisce about the "good old days" and how is it that when I wasn't looking...I got older?

As I sat filling my car up at the gas station the other day, I was struck by a nostalgia that went way beyond the price of a tank.

I , in fact, found myself missing the friendly, grease-stained shirt of the gas station attendant. You know, the one who would brave the elements to greet you with a "fill 'er up, Ma'am?" and a half cocked smile?

I'll admit that the sheer masculinity of the man in the attendants shirt, moved me as a kid. These strong, sweat smelling men took care of our family car. They allowed us to get from one place to another, safely,with clean windshields and I miss that.

When I sat down and thought about what item I wanted to use to launch our foray into the world of kids' clothing, the gas station attendant once again got my attention. Why not make a cool kids version of the gas station attendant shirt...I mean what could be more cool, more masculine or more Beansoup?

Look for the new Beansoup Gas Attendant's Shirts on our website and in stores Summer 2009.

No comments: