Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ladybug, Ladybug Fly Away Home












ACTIVITY: Release ladybugs into your garden.

COST: Less than $10.00 at your local hardware store or visit http://www.organiccontrol.com/

TIME NEEDED: 30 minutes of fly away fun.

BONUS: Ladybugs love to dine on aphids and plant mites so ditch the icky pesticides for this kid-friendly method of pest control.









I am a busy Mom and it seems there is never enough time in my day. When I am not keeping my household running, I am busy owning my own business, heading up PTA functions, training for marathons, keeping up who is winning Project Runway and the list goes on. Sound familiar?

As a modern mom, I find myself short on time and even shorter on patience.

I need to spend more quality time with my kids. Who doesn't? But what I've realized is that my kids don't need or even want my attention 24 hours a day. They just want to know that when I am with them, I am completely with them and can you blame them?

So that's what I've decided to do, give them their time. So here goes...

For 30 minutes each day, I, mother of 2, will try to shut off my"life" during which time, I promise not to tweet, post on Facebook, go near my computer, pick up my Blackberry or answer my phone. I will be present and grateful and believe it or not, fun!

No comments: