Monday, March 1, 2010

Something Magical is Coming...


To my four year-old son, life is a very magical place. The day isn't quite complete unless he has amazed us all with his slight of hand, his gift for distraction or his ability to pull many a household item from my ear.
It is what thrills him. What puts the twinkle in his eyes as he removes his hat to take a bow. It is what makes us, as his family cheer as if he himself had made the earth move. It is his world, his place and I am happy to play any part in it.
It was with this childhood love in mind that I searched for the perfect magician's cape for him for the holidays and found none. I suppose I found some but none that quite matched the vision in my head. A cheaply made costume-type cape would never do for my master of illusion. His would need to be special and fit for his imagination.
That's when it hit me. Why don't I create the perfect Magician Cape for Beansoup? It would be exquisitely made, have our Beansoup personality and the best and most required part...hidden pockets. So that's what I did. I sat down and made a list of all the things, I would like to see in the perfect magicians cape and I hope you'll agree.
When I brought the first sample home for my son to see, those twinkly eyes lit up and I knew that he wasn't the only one in our household who could create a little bit of Magic.

No comments: